The Teaneck Community Charter School admissions period for the 2017 - 2018 school year officially begins on November 1st, 2016. Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- November 1st - Application available online (Click HERE to apply).
- Haga clic aquí para descargar una solicitud en español.
- All applications must be filled out completely and require an original parent/guardian signature (or electronic signature on the online application).
- November 1st - Apply online or Paper applications may be submitted to TCCS via fax (201)833-9225 or mail (563 Chestnut Ave, Teaneck, NJ 07666).
- November 17th - TCCS will have its first of two open houses for prospective families at 6:30 p.m.
- December 10th - TCCS will have its second of two open houses for prospective families at 10 a.m.
- January 5th - Deadline for applications to be included in the school lottery.
- January 13th - TCCS admissions lottery conducted at the school at 3:30 p.m.
Please be aware that siblings of current TCCS students have first priority for admission - provided they apply before the deadline. After siblings, Teaneck residents who applied before the deadline are chosen from a blind lottery. While all New Jersey residents are eligible to apply, priority is given to Teaneck residents. If you need more information or help, please call the school at(201) 833-9600.
- School Day: 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Before and After School Program: A before and after school program is organized each year based on need and is provided at cost to participating families.
- Transportation: Busing is available based on distance from the school
- School Lunch: Available for a fee. Free or reduced price for eligible children
- Who Can Enroll: All children from Teaneck are welcome. TCCS does not discriminate based on race, religion, ethnicity, ability or academic performance. All children must be 5 years old by October 1 to enroll in Kindergarten for September. Applications are being accepted for children entering kindergarten and upper grades depending on availability.
- Lottery: A lottery will be conducted if there are more applications for any grade than spaces available. A waiting list will be established when the lottery is completed.
- Sibling Preference: All efforts will be made to keep families together. An application must be filed for each child. If a lottery is held, admission of one child does not guarantee admission for siblings. Siblings not admitted by lottery will be placed at the top of a sibling waiting list in the order in which their lottery number was pulled. This waiting list is placed ahead of the general waiting list.